19-20 September 2020.
The last race at Kjula this odd year 2020.
174 teams joined and produced 936 time slips!
One could see most teams really urging for racing before winter hits the country.
Pretty much like previous years, many teams want to test their limits.

I arrived to the track around 14.00 and there were already a que outside,
even though the gates dont open until 17.00.
Timing bus, portal and water for the bleachbox was already in place.

Until the teams flooded the area I had some time to make sure the barriers were in place.
I had planned the pit so I were responsible for most misplacings.
I checked off all teams before I let them down to the pits.
Isabel and Patrik helped me out guiding all teams to their areas I had planned.
It didnt go exactly as I had planned. Some teams got less space than they desired and some got more.
All teams got room in the end of the day and I guess thats what matters.
Lots of paperwork in a windy airfield.

Some teams showed up on Sunday morning as the gates reopened 07.00 so no risk of lie in.
As the competition started I shifted to become a pit marshal for 4to6, Pro Street and Vintage.

The weather was great beyond description. About 16 degrees C and sunny.
The track loves the sun and the engines get crazy over the rich oxygen.
Here are some of the 4to6 cars:

Björn Lundin, Q1, with his Volvo 142 ran 8,25-264kmh but damaged his engine again.
Last race a piston bolt broke. This time the head gasket blew. Hard.
His mechanics looked a bit tired but worked hard.
However this time they could not make it.

A real fighter is Tobias Norgren who won the series last year.
This time he ended up on his roof right after 60ft.
A gently roll back and some overlooking that all was ok made it possible for him to continue racing.

Tobias were second spare in the ladder but passed.
He got third position in the series anyway.

One that had a long way home was Daniel Lundström. He got here some 700km from Umeå with his Audi 200.

He ran 10,38 but got clutch problems. Gearbox went down and the team worked all night.
They even got access to my own garage searching for parts. They eventually got some parts
from Marcus Lindman in Kungsängen. They spent most of the night under the car,
but still they didnt get it to work properly.
Really sad after such a heroic effort.

Anders Rundberg from Högsbo, Småland, were Q2 running new PB 8,46 with previously TTR-Jompas death grey Volvo 242.
Something went sour in E1 against Cristoffer Kojonen so he went on the trailer.

Top of the stairs this weekend was Robert Helsing from Ludvika.

He were supposed to face Jimmy Persson in the finals, but Jimmy got trouble with his clutch slave cylinder.

Misc photos from Saturdays qualifying.
Weather was like I sayed fantastic.

One that I really liked was Stefan Abelsson running test n tune with a Honda Integra.
This was a fresh build. He hadnt got fenders so he couldn't run in the class 4to6.
He ran test n tune 9,94-236kmh so he can probably be a threat forthcoming.
Look close you can see the casting points at his slicks telling this was their first outing.

Henrik Lindström, that I usually teem in Pro Mod with showed up in his Bel Air 53.
He ran 9,46-202kmh. Costed him a gearbox but what else is new?

Robin Johannesson (Pro Street) with the famous Norrlands Ascona ran Pro Street.
He had just bought Peter Kuncs trailer but Peter forgot to include the tent,
so he had to deliver that himself before saturday evening.

Michael Karlsson from Bohus, Gothenburg, had after several years got his beetle together.
I have known Michael for many years but never ever seen his car. Until now.
He ran 11,49-196kmh witch seems pretty okay for a first test.
Did I mention most of it is in carbon fibre?

Intense activity on the track Saturday evening.
Marcus Forslin and Göran Ekendahl scraps the track long after the sun sets.

Everyone working at the track gets food and somewhere to sleep.
This time there were a new food team barbecuing like mad.
As we were enjoying the good life Ronnie and Börje started an internal prize giving ceremony.
(I was not the only one to recife one of these)

After dinner we made our way down trough the pits.
Temperature dropped and most teams started their heaters.
That caused the airfields electrical system to drop a phase.
The teams called me since I was the responsible person for the pits.
I have no electrical education but I did what I could.
All teams had power for a while, then the next phase went...

Lots of teams were disappointed and even angry.
As I tryed to fix the system, I discovered indoor cables burnt into extensions in the whet grass.
Phases went out in the airfields system and we obviously underrated the need for amps.
In my opinion we shared responsibility with the teams using indoor extentions in the situation we ended up in.

There was no sun for sure.
Temperature were pretty much equal to Saturdays
but now it was cloudy so the choice to stay in the sun were no longer an option.

My buddy Jocke Wennberg was one of the first to get one of the 50 spectators tickets.
He joined both days. Here he is heading for the exhibition area.

My friend Johan Forslund whose car I did some plastic work on previously ran Pro Street.
Qualifying did not work too well (8,40-259kmh) but better after he was defeated in the eliminations by Anders Westberg.
At Kjula one can enter the test n tune after defeated in the eliminations.
Johan did what he should and ran 6,93-325kmh. Big congrats!

A super weird detail is that I bought a BMW 325 from johan some 20 years ago...
...with the license plate xxx325. Same as his speed.

Gustaf Abrahamsson really shows why fenders might have ben a good idea.
Zoom in the picture and you see what I mean.

Robert Helsing (closest) whiting to defeat David Tajan Tärnlund in the first round.

Simon Tyan (Q6 running 9,65) got defeated by Jimmy Persson in the first round.
Strange I didnt capture Jimmys car even once. Its a yellow Audi A2.
This was Simons first time at Kjula, but I feel it wont be his last.

Emil Johansson ran ET Pro with Kenny Åsbergs old Volvo 142.
He was Q5 running 0,018 from set index. (He set dial at 9,46 and ran 9,47)

Prize giving ceremony proceeded in a hurry.
An airplane was heading but we had some hours to wrap it up.
Chribbe Lundin enjoys victory in the Pro Street class and also the series.

As we collected the timing equipment we found the left overs from Ove Åkermans blower belt.

Everything put together.
It became somewhat of a game of tetris matching all cars inside the lines in the hangar.

Now remains prize giving ceremony at Skultuna bruks hotel.
A long winter too. Full of updates and work for some,
pice and quiet for others. Depending on which side of the line your at. ;)